THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Scioderm does not collect personally identifiable information via the website, unless you submit it to us in connection with a message that you send to one of the emails we list on the Site. In such event, we will only use any information you include in your email to respond to your request. We do not share any information contained in such emails with any third parties or use it for any purpose except responding to you.
If you participate in a clinical study performed by Scioderm or by a third party clinical research organization (“CRO”), we collect certain information from you related to your health and medical condition (“Medical Data”). This information may include data related to your daily living and, in so far as these data are necessary to the research, your ethnic origins or sexual activities. We protect your Medical Data in the following ways:
• We do not collect Medical Data from you unless you first execute an Informed Consent Form (“ICF”). The content and form of ICFs differ from country to country, but in all instances describe in detail how your Medical Data will be collected and transferred.
• If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), before any Medical Data is transmitted to the United States, our CRO in the EU will identify your Medical Data by removing all personally identifiable information and labeling it with a unique, randomly assigned study number or ‘code’ before they are sent to Scioderm, or to facilities chosen by Scioderm that are in the US.
• WE ADHERE TO AND HAVE CERTIFIED OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES, INCLUDING NOTICE, CHOICE, ONWARD TRANSFER, SECURITY, DATA INTEGRITY, ACCESS, AND ENFORCEMENT, OF THE UNITED STATES/EUROPEAN UNION DATA PROTECTION SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK AND THE UNITED STATES/SWITZERLAND DATA PROTECTION SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK, BOTH OF WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE BY THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AT HTTP://WWW.EXPORT.GOV/SAFEHARBOR. OUR CERTIFICATION CAN ALSO BE VIEWED AT HTTP://WWW.EXPORT.GOV/SAFEHARBOR.
We may also collect certain usage and/or aggregate information as a result of your use of, and interaction with, the Site(s) (“Indirect Information”), including by using certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as “cookies,” web server logs, or other statistics programs to track and record how you use the Site(s). Indirect Information helps us measure the success of the Site(s) and its features or pages and to improve your online experience. Your browser may have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent, but you should note that the use of such restrictive browser settings may limit your use of the Site(s).
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We only use Medical Data for the specific purposes described in the ICF that you signed when you enrolled in a study. We do not share or use medical data for any other reason and we securely destroy all Medical Data after use.
We use your Indirect Information for the following business purposes:
• to determine the number of users accessing our Content;
• to analyze, manage and improve the Site;
• to understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site;
• to determine your particular areas of interests;
• to send you requested information;
• to send you related information, including links to Content that we believe to match your interests; and
• for any other specific business purpose stated at the time you provide your information.
If you are a medical practitioner or bioscience professional and you contact us via email, we may use your email address to send you email communications about us and our products that are related to your practice, specialty and interests. In the event that you choose not to receive any future communications, you may opt-out by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not provide any of your information to any unaffiliated third parties. We may however, provide your information to other Scioderm employees who may contact you in regards to your practice, especially and areas of interests.
This Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States and Canada. If you nonetheless choose to use this Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that by submitting an email containing any personally identifiable information, you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by you consent to such transfer.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Site(s), or have questions about Scioderm’s practices, or wish to review or update your information, please contact Scioderm at:
Privacy Office -Contact